M.Sc. : Indian Agricultural Research Institute
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Research Institute
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Physiology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 3
Ph.D : 0
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Chakraborty K, Ray S, Vijayan J, Molla KA, Nagar R, Jena P, Mondal S, Panda BB, Shaw BP, Swain P, Chattopadhyay K. Preformed aerenchyma determines the differential tolerance response under partial submergence imposed by fresh and saline water flooding in rice. Physiologia Plantarum. 2021; 173(4):1597-615.
- Vijayan J, Senapati S, Ray S, Chakraborty K, Molla KA, Basak N, Pradhan B, Yeasmin L, Chattopadhyay K, Sarkar RK. Transcriptomic and physiological studies identify cues for germination stage oxygen deficiency tolerance in rice. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 2018; 147:234-48.
- Ray S, Vijayan J, Chakraborti M, Sarkar S, Bose LK, Singh ON. Oryza officinalis complex. The Wild Oryza Genomes. 2018: 239-58.
- Ray S, Singh PK, Gupta DK, Mahato AK, Sarkar C, Rathour R, Singh NK, Sharma TR. Analysis of Magnaporthe oryzae genome reveals a fungal effector, which is able to induce resistance response in transgenic rice line containing resistance gene, Pi54. Frontiers in Plant Science. 2016; 7:1140.
- Ray S, Bose LK, Ray J, Ngangkham U, Katara JL, Samantaray S, Behera L, Anumalla M, Singh ON, Chen M, Wing RA. Development and validation of cross-transferable and polymorphic DNA markers for detecting alien genome introgression in Oryza sativa from Oryza brachyantha. Molecular Genetics and Genomics. 2016; 291:1783-94.
- Ray S, Vijayan J, Sarkar RK. Germination stage oxygen deficiency (GSOD): an emerging stress in the era of changing trends in climate and rice cultivation practice. Frontiers in Plant Science. 2016; 7:671.
- Ray S, Vijayan J, Singh PK, Sharma TR. Identification of pathogenicity related small secreted proteins from Magnaporthe oryzae by comparison of predicted proteome with nonpathogenic relative, Neurospora crassa. ORYZA-An International Journal on Rice. 2014; 51(3):183-94.
- Ray S, Satya P. Next generation sequencing technologies for next generation plant breeding. Frontiers in plant science. 2014; 5:367.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- "Polynucleotide isolated from Magnaporthe oryzae associated with rice blast resistance and uses thereof" by T.R. Sharma and Soham Ray (IN Patent 397653, Granted on 25 May 2022)
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Awarded INSPIRE Fellowship by Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India in 2010 for securing Top rank in M. Sc. (2007-2009) from the Division of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, IARI,
- Qualified for CSIR-UGC Junior Research Fellowship in 2008 in the subject of LIFE SCIENCES by Human Resource Development Group, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi.
- Qualified for DBT Junior Research Fellowship in 2008 conducted by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- Qualified ASRB NET conducted by Agriculture Scientist Recruitment Board in 2010.