M.Sc. : ICAR-IARI, NEW DELHI (Environmental Sciences)
Ph.D : ICAR-IARI, NEW DELHI (Environmental Sciences)
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Environmental Sciences
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 0
Ph.D : 0
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Kumar, S., Prasad, S., Shrivastava, M., Bhatia, A., Islam, S., Yadav, K. K., Kharia, S.K., Dass, A., Gupta, N., Yadav, S. and Cabral-Pinto, M. M. (2022). Appraisal of probabilistic levels of toxic metals and health risk in cultivated and marketed vegetables in urban and peri-urban areas of Delhi, India. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, 92, 103863.
- Kumar, S., Prasad, S., Shrivastava, M., Kharia, S.K. and Sharma, G.K. (2020). Consumption pattern of selected vegetables at five sites in Delhi NCR region. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 90 (8): 1593-8.
- Kumar, S., Prasad, S., Shrivastava, M., Kharia, S.K. and Yadav, S. (2020). Survey Methodology for Heavy Metals Toxicity Assessment. Chemical Science Review and Letters. 9 (34), 516-523.
- Malav, L.C., Kumar, S., Islam, S., Chaudhary, P. and Khan, S.A. 2022. Assessing the environmental impact of air pollution on crops by monitoring air pollution tolerance index (APTI) and anticipated performance index (API). Environmental Science and Pollution Research. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-022-19505-3
- Gupta, N., Kumar, V., Yadav, K. K., Cabral-Pinto, M., Prasad, S., Jeon, B. H., Kumar, S., Abdellattif, M.H. and Alsukaibia, A.K.D. 2022. Investigation of heavy metal accumulation in vegetables and health risk to humans from their consumption in Jhansi, India. Frontiers in Environmental Science, 10:791052.
- Prasad, S., Kumar, S., Yadav, K. K., Choudhry, J., Kamyab, H., Bach, Q. V., Sheetal, K.R., Kannojiya, S. and Gupta, N. (2020). Screening and evaluation of cellulytic fungal strains for saccharification and bioethanol production from rice residue. Energy, 190, 116422.
- Kumar, S., Prasad, S., and Yadav, K. K. (2019). Utilization of air pollutants by plants: Need for present and future scrutiny. J. Agric. Food Chem, 67, 2741-2742.
- Kumar, S., Prasad, S., Yadav, K. K., Shrivastava, M., Gupta, N., Nagar, S., Bach, Q.V., Kamyab, H., Khan, S.A., Yadav, S. and Malav, L. C. (2019). Hazardous heavy metals contamination of vegetables and food chain: Role of sustainable remediation approaches-A review. Environmental research, 108792.
- Kumar, S., Prasad, S., Shrivastava, M., Bhatia, A., Islam, S., Yadav, K. K., Kharia, S. K., & Yadav, S. (2023). Heavy metals transfer in soil-vegetable continuum and health risk assessment via consumption in the urban sprawl of Delhi, India. Journal of Food Safety, e13070.
- Bhatia, A., Cowan, N. J., Drewer, J., Tomer, R., Kumar, V., Sharma, S., ... & Pathak, H. The Impact of Different Fertiliser Management Options and Cultivars on Nitrogen Use Efficiency and Yield for Rice Cropping in the Indo-Gangetic Plain: Two Seasons of Methane, Nitrous Oxide and Ammonia Emissions. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment. 355, 108593.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Screening and evaluation of effective cellulytic fungal strains for saccharification and bioethanol production from rice residue. T. reesei NCIM 1052 was found superior as compared to the other fungal strains in terms of FPase, CMCase activities, and reducing sugars yield from pretreated rice straw.
- Identified best combination of temperature, duration for treatment and acid concentration for the pretreatment of wheat straw to produce fermentable sugars for hydrogen production. The temperature 160˚C and time period 10 min with 2% acid conc. was best for total soluble sugar recovery from wheat straw.
- Developed a survey methodology for the data collection and sampling of vegetable samples to assess the toxicity levels of toxic heavy metals in consumers. A questionnaire-based survey prepared to collect the data for the heavy metal’s toxicity assessment.
- Evaluated the Air Pollution Tolerance Index (APTI) for the field crops to assess the tolerance level under pollution load in the vicinity of thermal power plant. APTI used to assess the tolerance level of plants under the load of different pollutants emitted from any source.
- Quantified the vegetable consumption pattern of consumers in Delhi at five locations, i.e. Alipur, Shahdara, Kanjhawala, Mehrauli, and Najafgarh for the accumulation of heavy metals.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Young Environmental Scientist Award in the field of Environmental and Energy studies by Biologix Research and Innovation Centre (BRICPL), India (2018)
- Best oral presentation award in UGC sponsored National conference on Food Security, Nutritional Security and Sustainability held on 6-7th March 2020
- NESA Best PhD Thesis Award by NESA on 6-8 May 2022.
- Awarded 3rd prize under Distinguished Hindi Spokesperson Award Scheme in IARI for Hindi article on agriculture entitled Effects of crop residue burning on the environment and its management
- Best Reviewer Award 2021 was awarded by the Chemical Science Review and Letters journal (NAAS Rating: 4.75 for 2021) on 19th Oct 2021