M.Sc. : University of Delhi
Ph.D : University of Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Environmental Sciences
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 4
Ph.D : 9
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Bhatia, A., Jain, N., Pathak, H. (2013) Methane and nitrous oxide emissions from Indian rice paddies, agricultural soils and crop residue burning, Greenhouse Gas Sci Technology 3:196�211. 6.
- Bhatia, A. Pathak, H., Jain, N., Singh, P. K., Tomer, R. (2012). Greenhouse gas mitigation in rice�wheat system with leaf color chart-based urea application, Environ Monit Assess, (2012) 184:3095�3107.
- Bhatia, A., Agarwal P.K., Jain, N., Pathak, H. (2012) Greenhouse gas emission from rice and wheat-growing areas in India:spatial analysis and upscaling, Greenhouse Gas Sci Technol. 2:115�125.
- SK. Malyan, Arti Bhatia, Amit Kumar, Dipak Kumar Gupta, Renu Singh, Smita S. Kumar, RituTomer, Om Kumar, Niveta Jain. (2016) Methane production, oxidation and mitigation: A mechanistic understanding and comprehensive evaluation of influencing factors. Science of the Total Environment.572: 874-896.
- D.K. Gupta, A. Bhatia, A. Kumar, T K Das, N. Jain, R. Tomer, R.K. Fagodiya, R. Dubey, S K Malyan and H. Pathak (2016). Mitigation of greenhouse gas emission from rice-wheat system of the IndoGangetic plains: through tillage, irrigation and fertilizer management Agriculture Ecosystem and Environment. 230:1-9.
- Bhatia A., A. Ghosh, V. Kumar, R. Tomer, S.D. Singh, H. Pathak (2011). Effect of elevated tropospheric ozone on methane and nitrous oxide emission from rice soil in north India. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 144, 21� 28
- Bhatia A., S. Sasmal, N. Jain, H.Pathak, R. Kumar and A. Singh, (2010). Mitigating nitrous oxide emission from soil under conventional and no-tillage in wheat using nitrification inhibitors. Agric. Ecosyst. Environ. 136, 247�253
- Bhatia A., H. Pathak, P.K. Aggarwal, and N Jain (2010) Trade-off between productivity enhancement and global warming potential of rice and wheat in India. NutrCyclAgroecosyst, 86, 413-424
- Singh S, Bhatia A, Tomer R, Kumar V, Singh B. & Singh SD (2013). Synergistic action of tropospheric ozone and carbon dioxide on yield and nutritional quality of Indian mustard (Brassica juncea (L.) Czern.) Environ. Monit. Assess. 185:6517�6529
- Bhatia A, H.Pathak, N. Jain, P.K.Singh and A.K. Singh (2005) Global warming potential of manure amended soils under rice-wheat system in the Indo-Gangetic Plains. Atmospheric Environment 39, 6976�6984.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Methodology for preparing inventory of greenhouse gas emissions from Agriculture sector
- Microbial mitigation of methane emissions from flooded rice paddies
- Decision support system (Infocrop) for modelling greenhouse gas emissions from cropped soils
- Coated fertilizers for reducing reactive Nitrogen losses from fertilized soils
- LCC based fertilizer application for reducing global warming potential of agricultural soils
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Expert Member, MoEFCC, GoI, for greenhouse gas inventory (agriculture sector) for National Communication & biennial update reports to UNFCCC
- Expert Reviewer, GoI for Working group III reports (IPCC, AR6)
- Dr Rajendra Prasad Puruskar for 2014 for Technical books in Hindi Paryavaran, Jalvayu Parivartan Avam Krishi
- India-UK NEWS fellowship (2017) for micrometerological techniques of ammonia measurement funded by NERC, UK
- NAIP fellowship (2013) in area of Eddy covariance for Climate change studies, funded by ICAR, GOI