M.Sc. : Allahabad Agricultural Institute (Deemed University), Allahabad
Ph.D : Banaras Hindu University
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Pathology (Fungal Pathology)
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 3
Ph.D : 3 (undergoing)
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- B M Bashyal, Rashmi Aggarwal, Kirti Rawat, Sapna Sharma, Ashish Kumar Gupta, Ravish Choudhary, Jahoor Bhat, S Gopala Krishnan and A K Singh (2020). Genetic diversity and population structure of Fusarium fujikuroi causing bakanae, an emerging disease of rice in India. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 58(1): 45-52.
- Sunil Kumar Sunani, B M Bashyal, Bhupendra Singh Kharayat, Ganesan Prakash, S Gopala Krishnan, Rashmi Aggarwal (2020). Identification of rice seed infection routes of Fusarium fujikuroi inciting bakanae disease of rice. Journal of Plant Pathology. 102:113-119.
- Sunil Kumar Sunani, B M Bashyal, Kirti Rawat, C Manjunatha, Sapna Sharma, G Prakash, S Gopala Krishnan, AK Singh, Rashmi Aggarwal (2019). Development of PCR and loop mediated isothermal amplification assay for the detection of bakanae pathogen Fusarium fujikuroi. European Journal of Plant Pathology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10658-019-01694-2.
- BM Bashyal, Kirti Rawat, Sapna Sharma, Deepika Kulshrestha, Ashok Kumar Singh, Himanshu Dubey, AmolKumar U Solanki, TR Sharma, Rashmi Aggarwal (2017). Whole genome sequencing of Fusarium fujikuroi provides insight into the role of secretory proteins and cell wall degrading enzymes in causing bakanae disease of rice. Frontiers in Plant Science | https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2017.02013
- BM Bashyal, Rashmi Aggarwal, Sapna Sharma, Sangeeta Gupta and Udai Bhan Singh (2016). Single and combined effects of three Fusarium species associated with rice seeds on the severity of bakanae disease of rice. Journal of Plant Pathology. 98 (2), 405-412.
- BM Bashyal, Rashmi Aggarwal, Sapna Sharma, Sangeeta Gupta, Kirti Rawat, Dhiraj Singh, AK Singh, S. Gopala Krishnan (2016). Occurrence, identification and pathogenicity of Fusarium species associated with bakanae disease of basmati rice in India. European Journal of Plant Pathology DOI 10.1007/s10658-015-0783-8.
- BM Bashyal, Ramesh Chand, Chanda Kushwaha, Devyani Sen, LC Prasad, AK Joshi (2010). Association of melanin content with conidiogenesis in Bipolaris Sorokiniana of barley (Hordeum vulgare L.). World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 26(2):309-316.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Development of PCR and loop mediated isothermal amplification assay for the detection of bakanae pathogen Fusarium fujikuroi.
- An improved method for rapid isolation and quantification of Rhizoctonia solani from mungbean rhizospheric soil. Research Journal of Biotechnology
- Screening and identification of new sources of resistance to sheath blight in wild rice accessions
- Development of high throughput screening protocol and identification of novel sources of resistance against bakanae disease in rice
- Identification of rice seed infection routes of Fusarium fujikuroi inciting bakanae disease of rice
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- M.K. Patel memorial young scientist award (2016)
- K.P. V. Menon best poster award (2017)
- University Gold Medal (M.Sc.)