M.Sc. : Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Mohanpur, West Bengal
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Research Institute
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Genetics
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Kumar Durgesh, Rekha Joshi, Kuldeep Kumar, Kishor Gaikwad, RS Raje, G Rama Prashat (2019). Inheritance pattern of cold tolerance in pigeonpea [Cajanus cajan (L.) Millsp.] Indian J. Genet, 79 (2), 404-410. (NAAS rating: I064/ 6.47)
- KB Wanjari, RS Raje, K Durgesh, GR Prashat, R Joshi (2016). Pigeonpea improvement through conventional breeding. Indian J. Genet 76 (4), 483-495. (NAAS rating: I064/ 6.47)
- N K Singh, D K Gupta, .....G R Prashat, ....Tilak R Sharma (2012). The first draft of the pigeonpea genome sequence. Journal of plant biochemistry and biotechnology 21(1) 98-112. (NAAS rating: J418/ 7.04)
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Pusa Arhar 16 - Compact , semi-erect plant type which is suitable for high density planting and suitable for mechanical harvesting. It has average yield potential of 20.21 Q/ha. It is an extra early maturing variety suitable for growing mustard, wheat and potato after the harvest.
- Pusa Arhar 2017-1 - An early maturing, indeterminate and high yielding variety with yield potential of up to 22.75 Q/ha which is considerably higher than the national check Pusa 992. It is an early maturing variety suitable for growing mustard, wheat and potato after the harvest.
- Pusa Arhar 2018-2 - An early maturing, indeterminate, semi erect compact and high yielding variety with yield potential of up to 23.52 Q/ha which is considerably higher than the check PAU 881. It is an early maturing variety suitable for growing wheat after the harvest.
- Pusa Arhar 2018-4 - An early maturing high yielding variety with tolerance to Phytophthora blight, SMD and Fusarium wilt. Has been identified for release in NWPZ (Punjab, Delhi, Haryana and western UP).
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- DST-SERB Early Career Research Award
- ICAR-Senior Research Fellow
- Best Poster Award at 1st International Agrobiodiversity Congress, November 2016, New Delhi