M.Sc. : CCS HAU, Hisar, Haryana, India
Ph.D : CCS HAU, Hisar, Haryana, India
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Nanjundan J, Aravind J, Radhamani J, Singh KH, Arun Kumar , Thakur AK , Karnal Singh, Meena KN, Tyagi RK, Dhiraj Singh. 2021. Development of Indian mustard [Brassica juncea (L.) Czern. & Coss] core collection based on agro-morphological traits. Genet Resour Crop Evol. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10722-021-01211-7
- Nanjundan J, Manjunatha C, Radhamani J, Thakur AK, Yadav R, Kumar A, Meena ML, Tyagi RK, Yadava DK and Singh D. 2020. Identification of New Source of Resistance to Powdery Mildew of Indian Mustard and Studying Its Inheritance. Plant Pathol. J. 36(2): 111-120.
- Nanjundan J, Karnal Singh, Arun Kumar and Singh KH. 2014. Inheritance of siliquae bearing pattern in Indian mustard [Brassica juncea (L.) Czern. & Coss]. Indian J. Genet.74 (4): 511-513.
- Nanjundan J, Thakral NK, Dhiraj Singh and Ramesh Kumar. 2011. Effect of sulphur on oil content and fatty acids profile in 36 triple test cross families of Indian mustard (Brassica juncea). Indian Journal Agricultural Sciences 81 (9): 878�80.
- Limbalkar OM, Singh R, Kumar P, Nanjundan J, Parihar CM, Vasisth P, Yadava DK, Chinnusamy V and Singh N. 2021. Deployment of Brassica carinata A. Braun Derived Brassica juncea (L.) Czern. lines for improving heterosis and water use efficiency under water deficit stress conditions. Front. Plant Sci. 12:765645. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2021.765645
- Patel MK, Chaudhary R, Taak Y, Pardeshi P, Nanjundan J, Vinod KK, Saini N, Vasudev S and Yadava DK. 2022. Seed coat colour of Indian mustard [Brassica juncea (L.) Czern. and Coss.] is associated with Bju.TT8 homologs identifiable by targeted functional markers. Front. Plant Sci. 13:1012368. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2022.1012368
- Singh KH, Singh L, Parmar N, Kumar S, Nanjundan J, Singh G and Thakur AK. 2022. Molecular characterization and genetic diversity analysis in Indian mustard (Brassica juncea L. Czern & Coss.) varieties using SSR markers. PLoS ONE 17(8): e0272914. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0272914
- Chand S, Singh N, Prasad L, Nanjundan J, Meena VK, Chaudhary R, Patel MK, Taak Y, Saini N, Vasudev S and Yadava DK. 2022. Inheritance and Allelic Relationship among Gene(s) for White Rust Resistance in Indian Mustard [Brassica juncea (L.) Czern & Coss]. Sustainability 14: 11620. https://doi.org/10.3390/su141811620
- Sharma D, Nanjundan J, Lal Singh, Singh SP, Nehanjali Parmar, Sujith Kumar MS, Singh KH, Mishra AK, Ranbir Singh, Verma KS and Thakur AK. 2020. Genetic diversity in leafy mustard (Brassica juncea var. rugosa) as revealed by agro-morphological traits and SSR markers. Physiol Mol Biol Plants. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12298-020-00883-2
- Thakur AK, Singh KH, Lal S, Nanjundan J, Yasin JK and Singh D. 2018. SSR marker variations in Brassica species provide insight into the origin and evolution of Brassica amphidiploids. Hereditas. 155:6. DOI : 10.1186/s41065-017-0041-5.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Involved in registration of 10 rapeseed-mustard genetic stocks with NBPGR
- Associated in the development of four Indian mustard varieties - Giriraj (DRMRIJ 31), Pusa Mustard 32 (LES 54), Pusa Double Zero Mustard 33 (PDZ 11) and Pusa Mustard 34 (LES 60)
- Evaluated about 7000 Indian mustard germplasm and developed core set, trait specific reference sets for yield component traits, white rust resistance, high temperature tolerance and vegetable/fodder type juncea.
- Identified first source of resistance to powdery mildew of Indian mustard and developed new scoring method for powdery mildew disease.
- Developed database and published catalogue on rapeseed-mustard germplasm.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Best oral presentation awards: 04
- Best poster presentation awards: 02
- Lead presentation in conferences: 02
- CSIR-JRF-SRF fellowship
- ICAR-JRF fellowship