M.Sc. : Narendra Deva University of Agriculutre and Technology, Ayodhya, UP
Ph.D : Narendra Deva University of Agriculutre and Technology, Ayodhya, UP
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Fruit Science
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 02
Ph.D : 04
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Awasthi, O.P*., Sharma, E. and Palni, L.M.S. 1995. Stem flow: A source of nutrient in some naturally growing epiphytic orchids of Sikkim Himalaya. Annals of Botany, 75: 5-11.
- Mallick, M., Awasthi, O. P*., Singh, S. K. and Dubey, A. K. 2016. Physiological and biochemical changes in pre-bearing mutants of Kinnow mandarin (C. nobilis Lour x C. deliciosa Tenora). Scientia Horticulturae, 199:178-185.
- Mallick, M., Bharadwaj, C., Srivastav, M., Sharma, N. and Awasthi, O. P*. 2017. Molecular characterization of Kinnow mandarin clones and mutants using cross genera SSR markers. Indian Journal of Biotechnology, 16: 244-249.
- Sunil Kumar, Awasthi, O. P*., Dubey, A. K., Pandey Renu., Sharma, V. K., Mishra, A. K. and Sharma, R. M. 2018. Root morphology and the effect of rootstocks on leaf nutrient acquisition of Kinnow mandarin (Citrus nobilis Loureriro x Citrus reticulata Blanco). The Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology, 93 (1): 100-106.
- Kumar, S., Awasthi, O. P*., Dubey, A. K., Dahuja, A. and Singh, A. 2019. Influence of rootstock on growth, yield, quality and physiological activity of Kinnow mandarin grown in semi arid region. Fruits, 74 (5):2015-2013.
- Sunil Kumar, Awasthi, O. P*., Bharadwaj, C., Dubey, A. K., Chavlesh Kumar and Kuldeep Singh (2021). Molecular characterization of Kinnow (Citrus nobilis Loureiro x Citrus deliciosa Tenora) mutants. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 91 (3): 364-368. (NAAS rating- 6.25).
- Theivanai, M., Awasthi, O. P. Singh, S. K., Dubey, A. K. and Kanika Kumar. 2022. Modified protocol to overcome in vitro recalcitrance of premature micro-shoots abscission by silver supplementation in Kinnow mandarin (Citrus nobilis L. × Citrus deliciosa T.). Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics, 59 (1): 6687-695.
- Sunil Kumar, Awasthi, O. P*., Pandey, Renu., Dubey A. K. and Sharma, R. M. 2023. Proudction performance and Fruit quality of Gamma irradiated mutants of “Kinnow” mandarin (Citrus nobilis Loureiro x Citrus deliciosa Tenora). Erwerbs-Obstbau. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10341-023-00832-9.
- Prusty, Reena, Awasthi, O. P*., Singh, S. K. and Kanika. 2023. In vitroshoot organogenesis in sweet orange (Citrus sinensis L.) cv. Mosambi and the effect of ethylene adsorbents on micro-shoot quality. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture. 153 (3): 1-13 DOI:10.1007/s11240-023-02499-2.
- Theivanai Murugan., Awasthi1, O. P*., Singh, S. K., Chawla, G., Solanke, A, U., Sunil Kumar and Jha, Girish. 2023. Molecular and histological validation of modified in ovulo nucellus culture based highcompetency direct somatic embryogenesis and amplitude true-to-the-type plantlet. recovery in Kinnow mandarin. Frontiers in Plant Science. 14:.01-17, DOI 10.3389/fpls.2023.1116151.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Sweet orange variety, Pusa Round (MS-13) and acid lime variety, Pusa Abinav, Released by the State Seed Sub Committee for Agricultural and Horticultural crops, Govt. of NCT Delhi during the year 2015
- World�s first Ziziphus hybrid �Thar Sevika�, released by ICAR-CIAH, Biakner during the year 2007
- Sweet Potato variety,
- Development of economically viable and sustainable aonla based cropping models for arid region.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Horticultural Science, New Delhi, Year 2012
- Outstanding Agriculture Research Award in the field of Horticulture, Society for Agriculture and Arid Ecology Research, ICAR-CAZRI, Jodhpur
- Fellow, International Society for Noni Science, Chennai, year 2018
- Fellow, Indian Society for Arid Horticulture, ICAR-CIAH, Bikaner, 2018
- Awarded with the Best and most impactful Research Paper, published in Journal of Horticultural Sciences and Biotechnology for the year 2019