Development of all the IARI rice varieties have been shuttle routed through this center.
Through this Centre, IARI has so far developed and released 28 rice varieties that include 9 Basmati, 7 aromatic, 12 non-aromatic rice varieties and one aromatic rice hybrid, Pusa Rice Hybrid 10.
The most significant among these are,
- World’s first semi-dwarf basmati rice variety - Pusa Basmati 1
- World’s first aromatic rice hybrid - Pusa RH 10
- First Indian rice variety improved through marker assisted selection - Improved Pusa Basmati 1
- Rice variety with world’s longest cooked kernel - Pusa Basmati 1121
- Short duration basmati rice variety - Pusa Basmati 1509.