Last Updated: 17 June 2017
Training / Extension Activities
- The Division has been playing an important role in human resource development.
- The ICAR Centre for Advanced Faculty Training (CAFT) in Biochemistry has been functioning in the Division since 1995 is the only such centre for NARS.
- The main objectives of CAFT are:
- To bring excellence in Post Graduate education in Plant Biochemistry
- To organize training programmes for improving competence of faculty from NARS in new and emerging areas.
- To provide leadership at national level in course curriculum design and development of instructional material.
- Over 400 scientists/faculty from ICAR institutes and SAUs have got benefited till now. Laboratory manuals have been prepared and distributed to trainees in each of the training program.