- To advance loan to individual students in case of necessity arising due to delayed payment of their salary, scholarship etc.
- To grant loan for purchase of a cycle/books or for any other special purpose approved on merits by the Dean and Chairman of the Fund.
- To grant loan to meet the railway fare on study tour.
- To grant loan in emergency conditions while the student has to go to his home suddenly.
- To grant loan to any other student’s activity deemed desirable by the Administrative Body.
- To grant aid/ re-imbursement to student in the event of distress/illness like accident, sudden illness, for treatment in the Government Hospitals.
The Fund will be administered by a Committee henceforth to be known as Students’ Welfare Committee and will comprise:
- Dean, Post Graduate School - Chairman
- Registrar, Post Graduate School - Secretary and Treasurer
- Officer-in-Charge, AIM Cell, PG School
- Master of Halls of Residences, Post Graduate School
- President, Post Graduate School Students’ Union
- Finance Secretary, PGSSU (vii) AAO, PGS-II “ Treasurer
- Every student will pay a sum of 200 towards this fund at the beginning of each academic year.
- Contribution from other sources acceptable to the Students’ Welfare Committee.
Operation of the Fund
(a) Sanction of the Loan
- Students desirous of availing this loan will have to submit their applications to the Registrar through the Master of Halls of Residences (MoHR) on a prescribed form.
- Ordinarily, the amount of the loan to meet the objective 1 (i to v) shall not exceed 25,000/- for any individual student.However for objective 1(vi) the maximum amount of the aid / reimbursement will be determined and sanctioned by the Chairman of the Students Welfare Committee on the basis of merit of the cases and subject to availability of funds.
- Normally, not more than one application for loan will be entertained from the same student during a trimester unless all the previous dues have been paid.
- The Students’ Welfare Committee would ordinarily meet in the beginning of each trimester to consider the formal approval of the expenditure and loan given to the students during the previous trimester.
- The sanction of the loan will be initiated to the student concerned who will collect the money from the Treasurer, PG School after due acknowledgement.
(b) Deposits and withdrawals
- All the contributions to the fund will be deposited in any branch of a nationalized bank as Savings Bank Account.
- All money transactions will be made by the Treasurer, Students’ Welfare Committee. The Bank account will be operated jointly by the Chairman and the Treasurer.
(c) Refund of the loan
- The students will be required to refund the loan granted as per item 1 (i to v) within three months from the date of receipt of the loan. In any case the student must refund the loan within six months from the date of receipt of the same, however loan must be refunded before one month submission of the thesis.
- No interest will be chargeable on the loan granted.
Chairman of the Fund may, at his discretion, grant the continuing students loans, subject to the maximum and the other restrictions provided in the rules, to cover expenses on payment of mess dues and railway fare for undertaking a journey to home town at the commencement of / during the vacation.
- Abuse of the facilities granted by the Students’ Welfare Fund will render the student liable to severe disciplinary action.
- Any item not covered by the above rules will be decided by the Students’ Welfare Committee whose decision will be final and binding.